Pennine Spring Music Festival 2017

Site Admin

Pennine Spring Music Festival 2017

Postby admin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:43 pm

As the weather takes a turn for the worst I would like to offer you the chance to look forward to the warmer weather of late spring/early summer 2017 and the Pennine Spring Music Festival. Running from the 30th May - 3rd June 2017 this is a wonderful opportunity for singers to join us to perform some fantastic music! Below is a brief outline of the festival and I would be most grateful if you could forward this email to your colleagues and friends.

Nick Concannon Hodges

Musical Director, Pennine Spring Music Festival

Pennine Spring Music is a week long music festival in the heart of West Yorkshire’s Bronte countryside. Set in the hilltop village of Heptonstall, the spectacular scenery is perfect for walking, hiking and mountain biking. Accommodation is available in nearby Hebden Bridge (1+1/2 miles) which also boasts a train line to Manchester, Halifax, Bradford and Leeds. The nineteenth century church of St Thomas the Apostle is the wonderful venue for the three concerts in which members participate. The week is a fantastic opportunity for singers and players, young and old, to perform a challenging and exciting repertoire with like-minded enthusiastic, sociable and friendly people in a beautiful setting. Join us for hard work and comradeship at rehearsals as well as some fun and relaxation in the pub afterwards! This year’s programme is:

Tuesday concert
Choir Gorecki - Totus tuus
Orchestra Beethoven - Piano concerto No 4
Orchestra Dvorak - Symphony No 9

Thursday concert
Choir/brass Purcell - Funeral Music for Queen Mary
Strings Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a Theme of T Tallis
Wind Dectet Caplet - Suite Persane
Brass Ensemble To be confirmed
Choir/wind Orrell - Exsultet

Saturday concert
Choir Parry - My soul there is a song